Alcohol breath testing is one of the essential safety procedures to help minimise hazards, especially in public areas like highways and workplaces. It is common for police officers to conduct alcohol screening through a portable breathalyser to determine a person’s alcohol or impairment level. Likewise, more individuals are also using personal devices to monitor their alcohol intake. The strict implementation of alcohol and traffic laws and better alcohol awareness can significantly improve safety. Therefore, breathalyser sales and service in Australia are vital to helping individuals and the community ensure a hazard-free environment. In addition, there are various considerations in choosing a suitable device.
A breathalyser is a compact, breath-testing device that analyses a person’s expired air to estimate the Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC). The BAC level increases the more a person consumes alcohol. It is the amount of alcohol in blood, indicating a person’s degree of intoxication. Thus, the higher the BAC level, the more severe the impairment. Alcohol testers like BACtrack from Breathalysers Australia provide accurate BAC readings for utmost reliability. It has helped many individuals and industries attain security and confidence in managing preventable risks, such as the harmful effects of alcohol impairment. Moreover, Breathalysers AU offers complete breathalyser sales and service for all units for long-term use and care.
The Importance of Breathalysers
Alcohol misuse and severe impairment are one of the leading factors of roadside accidents and workplace injuries. High alcohol levels affect perception, reasoning, and motor functions, which are necessary for driving or operating machinery. Hence, alcohol impairment limits the individual’s physical and mental capacity to work safely and effectively. The primary aim of breathalyser sales and service is to give accurate alcohol readings to help individuals, law enforcement, and companies make better assessments and safety decisions. Additionally, breathalysers are beneficial for the following circumstances:
Law enforcement and Legal
- Determine drivers with a BAC higher than the legal limit
- Minimise road hazards and prevent car accidents
- Compliance with legal cases, such as child custody and probation programs
- Monitor alcohol use of patients undergoing treatment or rehabilitation
- Check the alcohol concentration after an accident
- Monitor employees who may be posing safety risks due to alcohol impairment
- Identify workers with alcohol abuse
- Hire suitable candidates for a safety-critical role
- Monitor alcohol consumption to stay within the minimum to moderate levels
- Check the BAC before driving
Breathalyser Sales and Service: How Breathalysers Work
A breathalyser is a cost-efficient equipment used in diverse settings to help manage safety risks. It utilises sensor technology to calculate the amount of alcohol in the breath sample. Moreover, a breath test can easily be administered by trained professionals and individuals. The breathalyser sales and service of Breathalysers Australia provide support on the proper use of equipment to get accurate results. Breathalysers undergo a chemical reaction when it contacts with alcohol in the given sample. Particularly, the sensors oxidise alcohol and produce small electrical currents based on the volume of alcohol present. Afterwards, the device measures the strength or number of currents and converts it into the BAC amount. Furthermore, the type of sensor used plays a vital role in accuracy and performance.
Breathalyser Sales and Service: Sensor Types
There are two main types of breathalysers based on the sensors used – semiconductor and fuel cell sensors. Each type measures the BAC similarly but may vary in accuracy and detection capability. Many breathalyser sales and service companies, like Breathalysers Australia, offer various types of alcohol testers to serve multiple alcohol testing needs. Additionally, each sensor has the following features:
- Semiconductor sensors – these sensors are mostly found in personal breathalysers because they are more low-cost. Semiconductor breathalysers use tin oxide substances to calculate the difference in output during the oxidation process. However, semiconductor sensors respond to alcohol vapours similar to ethyl alcohol, such as acetone, found in the breath.
- Fuel cell sensors – fuel cell breathalysers rely on an electrochemical process to determine the BAC. It has higher precision than semiconductor sensors because they are specific to ethanol and do not respond to other substances. As a result, it is less likely to produce false positives. Additionally, fuel cell sensors remain stable and consistent in repeat tests. Hence, it is the standard device used by police officers, hospitals and workplaces relying on accuracy.
- Infrared sensors – it is the less common sensors for alcohol testing as it is usually found in spectrophotometer breathalysers set up at a police station. Unlike semiconductor and fuel cell sensors, infrared technology does not react with alcohol directly; instead, it measures the effects produced by alcohol on the infrared beam. Results from the spectrophotometer breathalyser can be used as evidence in court.
Breathalyser Use for Roadside Testing
The first breathalyser sales and service were intended for law enforcement in roadside inspections. Aside from field sobriety tests, such as checking a person’s balance, focus, and coordination, police officers also conduct breath tests to determine impairment levels. Handheld breathalysers efficiently detect alcohol and measure the BAC in seconds. In addition, Australia implements a general alcohol limit of 0.05% BAC. It means a person driving with an equivalent or higher amount is subject to drink driving charges. Likewise, the BAC is the unit of measurement police use to identify if an individual has a dangerous level of alcohol in the system. Depending on the BAC range during a police breathalyser test, the penalties include maximum fines, imprisonment, license suspension, and an alcohol interlock order.
The Rise of Personal Breathalysers
Professional breathalysers, such as what the police use, is essential in maintaining safer roads. However, individuals who consume alcohol do not have a reliable tool to assess their intoxication or impairment degree. As a result, some people get behind the wheel without knowing their alcohol concentration. Fortunately, the cost of breathalysers has since decreased, making the device more affordable and accessible for consumer use. Many breathalyser sales and service suppliers, like Breathalysers Australia, offer cost-efficient devices to help individuals manage their consumption and deter drink driving. For instance, people can check their BAC every hour to see how an alcoholic beverage affects the BAC. Thus, it also helps reduce road accidents. Furthermore, personal breathalysers like BACtrack have innovative functions to help personal alcohol monitoring be more efficient.
Breathalyser Sales and Services at Breathalysers Australia
Breathalysers Australia is your one-stop place for high-quality alcohol breath testers. It is dedicated to providing reliable breathalyser sales and services to help regular alcohol consumers and industries with accurate test results through BACtrack. BACtrack is the world’s leading and recognisable expert in breathalyser technology. Moreover, Breathalysers Australia offers a comprehensive selection of personal and workplace breathalysers suitable for multiple purposes. In particular, Breathalysers AU offers the following BACtrack personal devices:
- Semiconductor breathalyser: the BACtrack Go Keychain is the sole alcohol tester at Breathalysers AU, utilising the advanced MicroCheck sensor. It combines a fold-away mouthpiece and a specially tuned algorithm to measure the BAC accurately. Thus, it offers high precision compared to other semiconductor breathalysers
- Smartphone breathalyser: the BACtrack C6 and C8 are compact fuel cell breathalysers. They have a dual-testing operation, allowing BAC viewing on the device or through a smartphone app. In addition, the BACtrack Mobile Pro utilises the advanced Xtend fuel cell sensor technology. It pairs seamlessly with iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth connection. Likewise, the BACtrack app lets users track previous results in a graph, personalisation of notes, Apple Health integration, and sobriety monitoring. The ZeroLine technology quickly estimates how long the BAC level will return to 0.00% based on the last reading.
- Pro Series: professional range of BACtrack using the Xtend fuel cell sensors. The BACtrack S80 Pro, Mobile Pro, Scout, and Trace Pro Gen1 and Gen2 are premier personal breathalysers with FDA approval and police-grade accuracy.
Aside from roadside screening, workplaces are also essential venues for alcohol testing. Many workplaces suffered accidents because of alcohol use or impairment. It has also reduced workers’ productivity and increased absenteeism and turnover rates. Therefore, high-risk industries, such as mining, aviation, construction, and transportation, implement alcohol breath tests to monitor employee impairment. They facilitate regular breath screening through a professional breathalyser to achieve zero alcohol. Moreover, workplaces are legally responsible for securing employees’ safety and well-being. Therefore, safety-critical workplaces rely on the accuracy of the devices and testing methods to help effectively manage preventable hazards. Companies avail of breathalyser sales and services to help meet standard safety requirements at a reasonable cost. With on-hand workplace breathalysers, it lessens the need for expensive laboratory fees.
Professional Breathalyser Sales and Service at Breathalysers Australia
Companies with an alcohol policy can administer alcohol screening through a professional breathalyser. It depends on reliable breathalyser sales and service to precisely detect even small amounts of alcohol. Breathalysers Australia offers industrial-grade testing devices suitable for moderate to high-volume applications. These devices comply with the Australian Standards (AS:3547) for workplace use. Small and large organisations can significantly benefit from the following professional breathalysers:
- SHIELD Express Touch and Identity: the latest generation of Australian workplace and law enforcement breathalyser. It amalgamates Passive and Active testing modes and touchscreen technology for unprecedented testing speed. They are also integrated with app or software technology for reporting or documenting purposes. Moreover, the SHIELD Express Identity supports photo identification for maximum compliance.
- BACtrack S80 Pro Gen2: features an enlarged Xtend fuel cell sensor (Grade 10) ideal for random employee testing or moderate-volume use. The enhanced linear response of the electrochemical fuel cell sensor provides increased accuracy over the complete BAC range (0.00-0.400%) expected in the breath. Furthermore, it has a convenient one-touch button to allow breath testing in seconds.
- BACtrack Mobile Gen2: features the modified Xtend fuel cell sensor (Grade 10) and Bluetooth technology ideal for remote workplace testing. In addition, the modified sensors stabilise the results, specifically in the lower BAC ranges.
- Mercury Touchscreen: engineered for high-volume breath screening and testing requirements of heavy industries. The Mercury also features extensive internal storage and customisable data fields.
Breathalyser Services at Breathalysers Australia
Unlike other testing methods like urine, oral fluid, and blood sample test, a breathalyser is a cost-effective device for alcohol screening or detection. It does not require a licensed professional to facilitate a breath test, and it gives quick results. However, it requires periodic recalibration and maintenance as the sensors are sensitive. Thus, choosing a breathalyser from a reputable company that provides complete breathalyser sales and service is vital. Breathalysers Australia offers recalibration services and customer support for all breathalyser needs and inquiries. The recalibration process is essential to maintain sensor performance and accuracy. This is because the sensors inherently drift over time as it accumulates alcohol residue and other particles. Thus, prolonged usage without maintenance can result in inaccurate readings. Additionally, regular recalibration will also extend the serviceability of the device.
Breathalysers Australia provides dependable breathalyser sales and services through high-quality products, accessories, recalibration, and customer support. Upon getting your BACtrack or SHIELD Express device, it is advised to register your unit at the Breathalysers Australia website, where you need to fill out the required information, including the device’s serial number. Registering the device lets you learn about essential updates, access services, and helpful tips regarding your breathalyser. Furthermore, you can get a timely reminder when your device is due for recalibration.
Breathalyser Sales and Service: Recalibration Process
It is highly recommended to follow the breathalyser sales and service guide for recalibration to maintain optimum performance. The recalibration period depends on the sensor type and frequency of use. For example, fuel cell sensors have a longer duration for servicing than semiconductor sensors. Breathalysers Australia performs a dual-step recalibration process that involves cleaning, clearing, and resetting the sensors. Additionally, only highly trained technicians can perform recalibration in a controlled environment. Opening the breathalysers on your own will void the warranty. The technicians test the device at various BAC levels to confirm the accuracy within the acceptable variance range. It also undergoes a full diagnostic test, including mechanical and airflow testing. Furthermore, users can avail of recalibration through the following steps:
- Automated calibration reminder email – reply to the email with the postal address.
- Payment notification email – pay by secure link or bank transfer. The cost includes pickup and return delivery.
- Pre-paid and pre-addressed Australian Post Satchel is delivered to the mailbox.
- Pack the unit securely or put it in a hard case. Drop in a red roadside Aus Post box.
- Certified expert calibration – performed within 1-2 business days.
- Receive the recalibrated breathalyser in the mailbox.
Breathalyser Usage Guidelines
Breathalyser Sales and Service: Mouthpieces at Breathalysers Australia
A breathalyser mouthpiece is an additional attachment to help capture the exact air sample and keep out other particles. Using a mouthpiece is optional; however, it can help trap any moisture from entering the sensor, increasing the accuracy. The breathalyser sales and service at Breathalysers Australia include reusable and washable mouthpieces that you can purchase individually. In addition, keeping extra pieces allows for sharing the breathalyser with another person hygienically and without compromising the BAC results. Mouthpieces for each breathalysers units are available at the Breathalysers Australia website for up to 500 pieces per pack. Furthermore, they are individually wrapped to secure them before use.
Considerations for Choosing a Breathalyser
Breathalysers come in various styles, sizes, and functions. Therefore, choosing a unit can be overwhelming, given the number of choices. However, knowing the essential aspects of a breathalyser can help evaluate the most suitable device. Moreover, the breathalyser sales and service depend on the intended purpose, such as individual or professional testing needs. The factors that can impact the overall breath test procedures and results are:
- Sensor type and accuracy – the critical element in any breathalyser is the sensor type. Individuals can avail of pro-grade quality with the BACtrack fuel cell breathalysers for personal use. Likewise, different sensor types have various detection ranges. Ideally, the wider the detection range (0.00-0.400% BAC), the greater the sensor accuracy.
- Compliance – not all breathalysers are certified by local or international standards. However, breathalysers compliant with FDA, DOT, and Australian Standards ascertain they meet the criteria for breath screening devices.
- Advanced features – some breathalysers contain more functions than others. For instance, the BACtrack Pro series have continuous temperature checking, which ensures breath sample consistency. Other features include adjustable settings and a wireless connection.
- App connectivity – smartphone breathalysers like the BACtrack Mobile Pro enable efficient breath testing and alcohol monitoring.
- Power requirement – strong batteries are vital to keeping the device working optimally. Breathalysers with low power requirements ensure long battery life.
- Cost – advanced units typically have higher prices. However, a suitable breathalyser like BACtrack is a worthwhile investment for individuals and companies relying on accuracy.
Advantages of Breathalysers
A breath test through a breathalyser is the standard method for alcohol detection because it is quick and non-invasive. It has the most convenient sample collection procedure, which can be done in the plain sight of the test administrator. Hence, it is difficult to tamper with the results of a breathalyser. Aside from alcohol detection, breathalysers can accurately estimate a person’s BAC level. Depending on the amount, breathalysers can detect alcohol in the breath for up to 24 hours from the last consumption. Additionally, it has the fastest turnaround time among other testing methods, giving real-time updates on a person’s impairment. Workplaces use a breathalyser to identify employees who are posing current risks. Therefore, breathalyser sales and services can help companies keep a healthy and alcohol-free working environment.
Getting a Breathalyser at Breathalysers Australia
Breathalysers Australia provides superior quality and innovative breath testers for consumers and industries. It is a reputable breathalyser sales and service provider trusted by law enforcement, hospitals, and high-risk workplaces. Moreover, BACtrack is a leading breathalyser worldwide, providing accurate and reliable alcohol testing. Advanced sensor technologies help manage safety hazards and prevent untoward incidents at reasonable prices. Furthermore, the wide range of BACtrack breathalysers suits diverse needs, from home or low-volume screening to rigorous testing in a high-compliance environment. Each unit is issued an accuracy certification, comes prepared for use, and with replaceable mouthpieces. Undoubtedly, these breathalysers deliver unparalleled precision and are highly portable and straightforward.
Getting a breath testing device is easy with the efficient service level at Breathalysers Australia. BACtrack and SHIELD Express breathalysers are readily available for shipping anywhere in Australia. All orders have fast turnaround delivery times with same-day dispatch for purchases placed before 11 am AEST. Likewise, tracking information is sent to the customer upon payment confirmation. This information allows you to keep track of your parcel. In addition, all units are under 12 to 36 months of warranty. Finally, registering the breathalyser allows Breathalysers Australia to track the recalibration period. You may receive an email notification when it is due for servicing. Therefore, you can make the necessary arrangements on time. Individuals and companies choose Breathalysers Australia for complete and hassle-free breathalyser sales and service.