Many people drink to relax or stimulate themselves. Small to moderate doses quickly provide euphoric and mood-altering effects. Some people control their intake to maintain safe driving and responsible drinking. Nevertheless, being a responsible drinker involves more than just tracking alcohol intake. It also entails understanding how alcohol affects your body to prevent adverse health and safety issues. Monitoring one’s Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) with a tool like a breatho is essential. A breathalyser like the BACtrack from Breathalysers Australia is an effective and trustworthy device to assist individuals in monitoring their alcohol consumption. Additionally, obtaining a BAC reading with the BACtrack before driving reduces the likelihood of being involved in an accident related to heavy alcohol consumption.
A breatho, also known as a breathalyser, can effectively measure an individual’s alcohol consumption. It can reveal the amount of alcohol intoxication or the seriousness of the impairment. For instance, a breathalyser like the BACtrack can measure a wide range of BAC levels from 0.00 to 0.40 per cent. Therefore, if a person drinks a small amount of alcohol, the BACtrack breathalyser can measure it accurately. The more a person consumes alcohol, the higher the BAC level will rise, and the BACtrack can help you monitor it. A high BAC level causes considerable impairments in a person’s ability to drive safely. It impacts the ability to analyse, coordinate movements, recognise danger, or respond rapidly. Fortunately, Breathalysers Australia offers the BACtrack personal breathalysers to help people maintain their safety.
Breatho: Factors that affect the BAC
The volatile alcohol impairs sensory and motor functions within minutes of consumption. The body can only metabolise alcohol at a limited pace of one standard drink per hour, even though it absorbs alcohol quickly. In addition, depending on the amount ingested, it peaks in the body 60 to 90 minutes after consumption and lasts longer. Using a breatho or a breathalyser is the most effective approach to calculating the BAC or level of intoxication. Breathalysers Australia offers portable alcohol testers that can test BAC accurately. Furthermore, some factors can affect BAC, such as:
- Body size – The impairment process happens more quickly in smaller body types. The body’s constitution is crucial because the circulatory system transports alcohol to various bodily areas.
- Amount of body fat – Alcohol cannot be absorbed through body fat. As a result, there is a larger concentration of alcohol in the lean tissues.
- Food intake – food in the stomach can slow down the absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream.
- Medications – The BAC rises when alcohol and some medicines interact.
- Alcohol percentage in a drink – The BAC will rise more quickly the more alcohol a beverage contains.
- Rate of consumption – The BAC in your blood will peak more quickly the faster you drink. In particular, the liver cannot keep up if more than one standard drink is consumed every hour.
The Accuracy of Fuel Cell Breatho
Any alcohol concentration in the body poses hazards, particularly when driving. Thus, determining the precise BAC level is essential to prevent unfortunate events. A breatho or a breathalyser is a rapid and efficient approach to determining one’s BAC level. Modern breathalysers calculate the amount of alcohol in a breath using advanced sensor technology. Fuel cell sensors, which have the highest precision among common personal breathalysers, are used by most BACtrack testers at Breathalysers Australia. Alcohol in a breath sample is oxidised through an electrochemical process in fuel cell breathalysers. The oxidation generates electrical currents based on the amount of alcohol present. Therefore, the BAC will increase as the currents become stronger. In contrast to conventional semiconductor breathalysers, fuel cell sensors are exclusive to ethanol and do not interact with other chemicals in the breath. As a result, the BACtrack is less likely to provide false-positive results.
How to Get a Reliable BAC Reading using a Breatho
Using a breatho or a breath testing kit to administer an alcohol test is quick and straightforward. With BACtrack breathalysers from Breathalysers Australia, you can receive an accurate BAC reading in just a few simple steps. First, however, make sure you use a breathalyser following the operating instructions. The following are also crucial to make the most of your alcohol tester and obtain the most precise results:
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes – Waiting after eating, smoking, or drinking before conducting a test is essential. The period allows alcohol to reach the lungs to evaporate and release via exhalation. Additionally, it reduces the possibility that alcohol left in the mouth would affect the outcomes.
- Breath check after consumption – Monitoring your BAC after each drink encourages you to limit your intake. This is because the BAC level may increase rapidly from the first sip and depending on how alcohol works in the body.
- Breathalyser operation – When taking a breathalyser test, inhale deeply and blow into the mouthpiece steadily for five seconds, or until the beeping stops.
- Use new mouthpieces – Use a fresh mouthpiece each time you conduct a test. Likewise, use a different piece to share the breathalyser with a friend.
Breathalysers Australia and Drink Driving
Alcohol intoxication is one of the contributing causes of severe and fatal road accidents. As a result, Australia has a 0.05 per cent BAC limit due to numerous alcohol-related occurrences. A driver with a BAC of 0.05 or above may face legal consequences. It entails penalties like fines, jail time, and licence suspension. Moreover, an alcohol interlock program is required for high-risk driving and repeat violations. An interlock ignition device is installed and needs a zero BAC each time to start the car’s engine. Because of this, more people use a breatho or a breathalyser to stay below the legal limit. Fortunately, Breathalysers Australia offers professional-grade devices for personal use. The BACtrack breathalysers operate with a single button for quick and straightforward use.
A breatho or a breathalyser is a convenient device because it is easy for users to conduct an alcohol test whenever needed. For example, people can use a breathalyser like the BACtrack by only pressing a single button. Then, the device will start to display a warm-up timer on the LCD screen. Once the timer has finished, users can blow and provide breath samples using the mouthpiece. Lastly, the BACtrack breathalyser will deliver the BAC result immediately. Therefore, you can determine your precise BAC level and make educated judgments due to BACtrack’s quick operation and precision. You can visit the Brethalysers Australia website to view all the BACtrack breathalysers with different functions, styles, designs and purposes.
A reliable breatho or a breathalyser is vital for individuals to remain safe from the adverse effects of alcohol use. A reliable breathalyser like the BACtrack provides accurate BAC results in seconds. Using the BACtrack personal device, individuals will not need to rely on their guess estimates. Additionally, the BACtrack can help people make informed decisions, especially individuals who plan to drink and drive afterwards. To purchase an accurate breatho, you can visit the Breathalysers Australia website to help you avoid exceeding the legal alcohol limit for driving.