Alcohol breath testers or breathalyzers are efficient devices for measuring the amount of alcohol in the body. It estimates the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) or the intoxication level through a breath sample. Police officers use a professional breathalyzer at sobriety checkpoints or random roadside screenings to determine if a person is impaired while driving. For instance, if your alcohol level at a police breathalyzer test is 0.05% BAC or higher, you will likely face drink driving charges and penalties. Fortunately, portable breathalyzers are also available for personal use. Regular consumers use a personal breathalyzer like the BACtrack or Draeger breathalyzer to help keep the BAC level below the legal limit. Breathalysers Australia offers a robust selection of BACtrack devices for personal or professional use.
Why Use a Breathalyzer
Alcohol consumption is a common activity of many people. Alcoholic beverages are served in social gatherings, events, music festivals, or other public venues. Likewise, many people consume alcohol after work hours or on weekends to make them feel relaxed or stimulated. Unfortunately, excessive intake causes severe impairments in perception and motor functions. Particularly, a high BAC level results in blurred vision, slurred speech, impaired reasoning, slow reaction time, and loss of coordination. As a result, they pose significant risks in driving or operating heavy equipment. Using a personal device like BACtrack or Draeger breathalyzer minimises those risks. A breathalyzer is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Alcohol screening – detects if alcohol is present in the breath. Parents may use a home breathalyzer unit like the BACtrack Go to see if their child has consumed alcohol, regardless of the amount.
- BAC testing – measure the exact BAC level. Individuals check their BAC to keep from going over the legal limit.
- Sobriety monitoring – track the decline of BAC after alcohol consumption. Employees check their BAC in the morning before work to ensure safety.
Draeger Breathalyzer Options
Draeger is a German company that manufactures safety equipment for road or medical use. Specifically, Draeger breathalyzers are fast and easy to use. The alcohol testers are used in police, industrial and personal applications. Additionally, Draeger provides handheld breathalyzers, evidential alcohol tester, and ignition interlock devices. The evidential alcohol testers allow reliable measurement of the breath alcohol concentration, whose results can be used as evidenced in court. These types of devices are often found in police stations. Meanwhile, ignition interlock devices are breathalyzers connected to a car’s engine. Ignition interlock devices are mandatory for people with high-range drink driving violations or repeat offenders. It requires a zero BAC breath sample to start the car’s engine.
BACtrack vs Draeger: Review of their Features
A breathalyzer is valuable for measuring the BAC to minimise the harmful effects of alcohol. It consists of sensor technology and innovative features to make breath testing efficient. The BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers are reliable devices to deliver accurate BAC results. Moreover, personal breathalyzers help reduce drink driving incidents or workplace accidents and injuries. The BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers have the following key features:
- Sensors – most BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers use electrochemical fuel cell sensors. Fuel cell sensors are highly sensitive to ethanol and do not react to other substances. As a result, they are less likely to produce false positives and have a higher accuracy rate than standard semiconductor breathalyzers.
- Battery life – the BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers can perform 1,000 to 1,500 tests from a single battery set.
- Test count – select BACtrack devices such as the Trace Pro, Mobile Pro, and the S80 Pro Gen2 can recall previous test results. The Mobile Pro can record the BAC data through the smartphone app. Meanwhile, the Draeger personal breathalyzers can store data from 10 to 400 tests, while the professional units hold 100 to 5,000 test results.
- Compliance – the BACtrack Pro breathalyzers utilising the Xtend fuel cell sensors have FDA approval and DOT and AS3547 certification. Similarly, Draeger Alcotest 6000, 6820, and 4000 are AS3547-certified.
- Smartphone connectivity – BACtrack C6, C8, and Mobile Pro are Bluetooth-enabled breathalyzers that can connect to iOS and Android devices.
Devices at Breathalysers Australia
Breathalysers Australia offers a comprehensive selection of BACtrack breathalyzers for personal and workplace use. Like a Draeger breathalyzer, BACtrack has robust fuel cell sensors to deliver fast and accurate BAC results. You may select from various alcohol testers that fit your testing needs. For example, the BACtrack keychains are the lightest and smallest alcohol testers of Breathalysers Australia. However, despite their size, they offer fast and reliable BAC results. Another breath tester that you may need is a smartphone breathalyzer. The BACtrack smartphone breathalyzers have innovative tracking features to record and present the BAC results in a graph. In addition, BACtrack has ZeroLine technology to estimate how long the BAC results will reach 0.00% from the last consumption. Lastly, the BACtrack smartphone app can integrate with Apple Health tools.
Moreover, Breathalysers Australia offers the Professional series of BACtrack. The BACtrack S80 Pro is a premier breathalyser utilising advanced fuel cell sensor technology. In breathalyzer reviews, the S80 Pro has the highest accuracy for a personal device, closest to the breathalyzers that law enforcement uses. Furthermore, the fuel cell breathalyzers of BACtrack can accurately trace alcohol concentrations over a complete BAC range (0.000 to 0.400%). It ensures getting precise BAC readings at any BAC level. Lastly, the BACtrack breathalyzers have a one-touch button for fast and convenient use. A BACtrack or Draeger breathalyzer is efficient when you need a quick alcohol breath test at any time.
Conclusion: BACtrack and Draeger Breathalyzer
A breathalyzer is valuable in determining a person’s exact BAC level to manage safety risks. The BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers offer dependable results with each breath test. Therefore, you may choose a breath testing device that suits you best. Aside from the powerful fuel cell sensor technology, you may want to consider the device’s other features. The BACtrack breathalyzers have useful functionalities to enhance accuracies, such as the mini breath pump and continuous temperature checking. Furthermore, the BACtrack breathalyzers have a fast warm-up and delivery time. After pressing the power button, you can begin breath testing in seconds. Then, the sensors process the breath sample and display the BAC results in 10 to 15 seconds.
Finally, the reliability and efficiency of a breathalyzer are vital in ensuring personal or public safety. BACtrack and Draeger breathalyzers are also suitable for workplace testing. High-risk industries rely on professional breathalyzers to keep the workplace safe and hazard-free. Regardless of usage, a breathalyzer helps keep you safe by accurately measuring the BAC. Moreover, a breathalyzer helps moderate consumption to keep the alcohol level below the legal limit. It also promotes awareness of how alcohol affects your body and enables responsible consumption. Lastly, a dependable breathalyzer like BACtrack or Draeger helps you make informed safety decisions. You may check the wide array of personal and workplace breathalysers at Breathalysers Australia.