Companies and business owners consider drug and alcohol testing courses for their employees. A drug and alcohol testing course can help increase productivity, reduce liability costs, and provide a more stable workforce for businesses. Undergoing and implementing these courses will provide you with a safer and healthier working environment for your employees. Without a doubt, any company looking to develop or revise its drug and alcohol policy will highly benefit from these types of courses. The course unit HLTPAT005 – Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing is the Australian standard for collecting test samples in the workplace. This training course guarantees that appropriate procedures are present while conducting workplace drug and alcohol testing that follows the Australian Standards.
A drug and alcohol testing course is more than just knowing how to screen for drugs and alcohol. It is also about understanding and comprehending the risks of managing drug and alcohol use in the workplace. The most straightforward, quickest, and reliable testing method for alcohol use in the workplace is through breath tests. BACtrack workplace breathalysers provide highly accurate readings for the workplace. If you consider buying a breathalyser for workplace use, look no further. BACtrack devices, like the BACtrack S80 Pro, utilize fuel cell sensors similar to those you would find in a police officer’s breathalyser. You can accurately conduct up to thousands of tests before needing recalibration. Additionally, to make mass testing easier, every BACtrack product comes ready to use and with free replaceable mouthpieces. Moreover, you should note that BACtrack breathalysers are AS3547:1997 approved and is effective for personal and workplace use.
Drug and Alcohol Testing Courses: Contents
Drug and alcohol testing course: know how to conduct proper testing in the workplace. What you need to know about the HLTPAT005 course:
- The HLTPAT005 unit will teach you how to conduct proper urine, oral and alcohol breath testing methods. Additionally, they also include verifying testing requirements and procedures like the chain of custody of samples.
- The course aims to provide knowledge about proper workplace drug and alcohol policies and procedures, relevant legislation and selecting and using the right equipment for your program.
- The course aims to provide knowledge on implementing the drug and alcohol programs and maintaining high standard testing.
- It can also educate your employees on their responsibilities to the business.
The skills you will learn with the course:
- Saliva drug testing
- Urine drug testing
- Breath alcohol testing with devices like the BACtrack workplace breathalyser.