Drug and alcohol use or abuse can negatively affect a person’s senses, memory, alertness, and coordination. The primary reason for roadside and workplace accidents and injuries is alcohol and drug intoxication. Therefore, high-risk workplaces implement an extensive drug and alcohol policy to help prevent substance-related incidents. In addition, drug and alcohol screening can significantly help manage safety risks in the workplace. Companies allot a substantial budget for drug and alcohol test prices to minimise occupational work hazards. Workplace testing is necessary to deter the use of illicit substances. A standard workplace test could include blood, urine, or saliva tests for drugs and a breath test for alcohol.
The company may request services from accredited testing facilities to conduct mobile or onsite drug testing for the workplace. High-volume testing can help determine and point out employees that may have alcohol or drug use issues and might endanger others. There are various testing methods available. However, some testing methods may be more convenient than others. For example, alcohol breath testing procedures are timely and cost-efficient and can be done whenever alcohol testing is required. Breathalysers Australia offers efficient workplace breathalysers that are fits well within the company’s drug and alcohol test price budgets.
Drug and Alcohol Test Price
The drug and alcohol test prices will vary based on the company’s testing requirements and testing services. Screening for more types of drugs will cost more than those testing fewer substances. Companies can request for onsite testing to monitor employees for different types of tests. Additionally, the drug and alcohol test price by testing agencies include equipment, set-up, and professional fees. Here are the average drug and alcohol test prices for various testing services:
- Site Set-up fee – $110 + GST. This service includes the fee per site set-up. It covers the time of setting up and preparing the site for testing.
- Random Onsite testing fee – $88 + GST. This type of service includes performing testing, and the prices may vary based on testing within business hours.
- Blanket Onsite testing fee – $88 + GST. Onsite testing for the entire workplace ensures safety. Prices may vary based on testing within business hours.
Benefits of Knowing Drug and Alcohol Test Prices
Accredited testing laboratories can offer various testing services like onsite testing, post-incident, for-cause, reasonable suspicion testing, and in-laboratory testing. The average drug and alcohol test prices range from $80 for a scheduled or walk-in fee. The initial screening covers testing the blood or urine sample for commonly used substances such as methamphetamines, amphetamines, cocaine, MDMA, and cannabis. However, if you require further testing, additional fees may also apply for setting up a mobile testing site. Some testing facilities offer packaged pricing to all drug and alcohol testing clients to reduce expenses. In particular, the service costs include testing equipment, set-up, and the services of certified personnel to administer the test.
The drug and alcohol test price may seem high, but its benefits outweigh the cost. Industries with high-risk environments and safety-critical roles, such as aviation, mining, and construction, consider workplace testing an investment. In addition, these industries implement zero-tolerance policies to minimise any preventable hazards. Furthermore, Breathalysers Australia offers a wide range of BACtrack fuel cell breathalysers suitable for workplace use and other testing needs. The BACtrack Pro-grade breathalysers utilise advanced fuel cell sensor technology to determine the precise Blood Alcohol Content (BAC). Moreover, fuel cell sensors only react to ethanol, making them less likely to produce false positives. These workplace units also comply with Australian Standards and meet the federal requirements of DOT and FDA for effective breath testing devices.
Costs of Breathalysers: Drug and Alcohol Test Prices
Alcohol testing is commonly used for roadside checkpoints to determine if drivers are driving under the influence of alcohol. Law enforcement breathalysers use fuel cell sensor technology to determine accurate BAC readings. The sensor monitors the amount of alcohol in the driver’s breath when they breathe into a mouthpiece for alcohol tests. BACtrack breathalysers provide constant and highly accurate BAC readings within 10 to 15 secs, and the entire breath testing process will take around a minute. In addition, BACtrack is one of the most highly-rated portable breathalysers worldwide. Breathalysers Australia offers personal and workplace breathalysers for sale ranging in price from $59. Drug and alcohol test prices will vary, and so will the prices for alcohol breath testers. Here are some of the breathalysers Breathalysers Australia offer:
- Go Keychain alcohol tester is the most compact and affordable alcohol tester.
- C6 Keychain Breathalyser utilises BACtrack’s unique BluFire Fuel Cell Sensor and offers a dual-mode operation.
- BACtrack C8 Smartphone lets users connect to the BACtrack app that saves and tracks your BAC over time. In addition, it has a rideshare feature that assists you in booking an Uber if intoxicated.
- BACtrack Scout is a mini device that offers precise and efficient breath capture for testing. In addition, the Scout has a long battery life that lasts up to 1000 tests with a pair of AAA batteries.
- Trace Pro can trace alcohol over the entire range of BAC from 0.000 to 0.400 %, which ensures long-term reliability.
BACtrack Workplace Breathalysers
If you seek a reliable alcohol tester, companies can choose the BACtrack workplace pro-grade models to monitor their employees constantly. The devices from Breathalysers Australia can analyse breath samples through its sensors and provide precise BAC levels within seconds. Drug and alcohol test prices can be high when availing testing services from facilities. If you seek a reliable onsite alcohol testing option, a workplace breathalyser is a more practical option. Here are some of Breathalysers AU’s workplace models:
- Mobile Pro Gen2: This device offers the Xtend® 1A Modified Electrochemical Fuel Cell Sensor and advanced features like sobriety monitoring. This function estimates when your BAC will return to 0.00% through the ZeroLine Technology.
- S80 Pro Gen 2: meets the strict requirements of alcohol testing in the workplace. It has a one-touch button to enable breath testing in seconds.
- SHIELD Express – the latest Australian Workplace & Law Enforcement Breathalyser. It combines Passive and Active testing modes with touchscreen technology to offer remarkable testing speed and accuracy.
Companies searching for workplace testing methods may encounter different drug and alcohol test prices. However, if you only require alcohol testing for the workplace, you should use breathalysers like the BACtrack pro-grade models. Accurate BAC testing is only possible to determine using the proper device. In addition, it is difficult to identify a person’s level of alcohol impairment by relying on drink counting and online BAC calculators. Furthermore, any level of alcohol impairment is already a cause for concern. A reliable breath testing device such as the BACtrack units from Breathalysers Australia can be an excellent tool for maintaining sobriety. Breathalysers Australia has suitable devices for both personal use and professional use for workplace testing.