In recent years, breathalysers have become more affordable for personal use. Nowadays, you can purchase a personal breathalyser to keep track of your alcohol consumption habits. People who buy a breathalyser do so to keep themselves safe and make better decisions after alcohol consumption.
Breathalysers have become essential tools for our everyday lives. Many health-conscious consumers of alcohol check their Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) through a breathalyser to ensure that they can drive. In addition, such readings allow them to avoid fines and accidents on the road and even in the office. Furthermore, you can buy a breathalyser to track how alcohol affects your body. Precise and accurate BACtrack breathalysers are available for purchase at Breathalysers Australia.
Why Buy A Breathalyser – How Breathalysers Work
It isn’t easy to measure your BAC and how it affects you without a reliable measuring instrument. Though there may be apps and sites online that purportedly check your alcohol levels, such means tend to be highly inaccurate and work as estimations at best. Furthermore, no two people have the same reaction to alcohol. Indeed, each individual has a different alcohol tolerance and reacts to BAC differently. Many personal aspects factor into a BAC reading, such as a person’s weight, gender, fat content, medications, food intake, body type and age. Hence, many buy a breathalyser for an objective alcohol reading. BACtrack personal breathalysers effectively measure BAC in mere seconds.
BACtrack breathalysers utilise advanced sensors to measure alcohol in the breath accurately. Many of the breathalysers at Breathalysers Australia use fuel cell sensors. These sensors undergo an electrochemical process that oxidises alcohol as you provide a breath sample. This chemical reaction produces small electric currents relative to the alcohol content and converts it into BAC. Therefore, the BAC responds to the strength of these electric currents. Furthermore, because these sensors only react to ethanol, they produce fewer false positive results. Therefore, certain factors such as diabetes and low-calorie diets don’t interfere with the test. Accordingly, many regular consumers of alcohol buy a breathalyser from Breathalysers Australia for its precision and reliability.
The Need for Personal Breathalysers
Alcohol comes with many impairments with excessive consumption. As BAC levels rise, so do its adverse effects on the body. May people buy a breathalyser to avoid these negative consequences. Anyone can use these portable devices to measure and control alcohol consumption with a single breath sample and reading.
People buy a breathalyser for many purposes. Many see breathalysers as informational tools to help monitor their drinking limits and the effects of alcohol on the body. Moreover, people use breathalysers for the following reasons:
- To ensure that they are under the legal alcohol limit (0.05% BAC) for driving.
- To check their BAC before working; this is especially crucial for those employed in safety-critical and high-risk industries.
- As a precautionary tool to avoid accidents.
- To avoid being pulled over by law enforcement and paying fines for a revoked driver’s license.
- To have a clear idea of how different alcoholic beverages affect their body.
- To monitor the decline of their BAC and let them plan.
- To minimise impairment and know when to stop consuming alcohol.
Why Buy a Breathalyser – Knowing your BAC
People consume alcohol for different reasons, to socialise at events, to relieve stress after a long week, or even to ease the tension at home. When you take it in moderation, alcohol is safe and, at times, healthy. Nevertheless, consistent consumption of alcohol can lead to safety risks and adversely affect one’s health. Alcohol is a depressive substance that slows down the nervous system. Consequently, it affects the senses and body functions. Alcohol, when taken excessively, dulls the senses and impedes coordination, balance and decision-making. Thus many people buy a breathalyser to help them make more informed decisions.
The body rapidly absorbs alcohol through the stomach and into the lungs and bloodstream, causing the BAC to rise. Accordingly, the higher your BAC reading, the higher your level of impairment. People buy a breathalyser from Breathalysers Australia for an accurate read on their BAC. Alcohol affects our bodies in different ways, but general BAC ranges have the following effects:
- 0.010 to 0.039% – relaxation, lowered inhibitions, reduced anxiety, euphoric sensations
- 0.040 to 0.059% – mild impairment of the senses and reasoning; lowered inhibitions, drowsiness
- 0.060 to 0.099% – impairment in the senses, reflexes, memory, body coordination and decision-making skills
- 0.100 to 0.299% – severe impairment in balance and motor functions; vomiting and nausea
- 0.300 to 0.399% – high risk of alcohol poisoning, unconsciousness or even a coma
- 0.400% and above – possibly fatal doses
Why Buy a Breathalyser – Purchasing Guide
Owning a breathalyser is a significant investment for our working adult lives, especially for those who consume alcohol regularly. People buy a breathalyser to keep them safe and avoid road accidents and fines. Finding a device with the best features for precision and accuracy is also vital. Luckily, Breahtalysers Australia has BACtrack breath checkers that come with the following functions and features for reliable and accurate results:
- Sensor accuracy – breathalyser sensors come in two types, fuel cells and semiconductors. Breathalysers with fuel cell sensors like the BACtrack S80 Pro are the most accurate breathalysers in the market. Moreover, fuel cell sensors give more precise readings because they only react to ethanol. Thus the device produces fewer false positive readings due to this feature.
- Breath capture system -Each BACtrack breath checker is designed with a breath pump that collects samples deep in the lungs at the end of each test. In addition, this feature ensures that the exact breath sample is analysed for accurate results.
- One-button operation – BACtrack breathalysers are easy to use. Users can perform a breath test with a single button press for an accurate BAC reading. In addition, BACtrack breathalysers produce precise BAC readings with fast warm-up times.
- Display – BACtrack devices come with a bright, easy-to-read LED display.
- Audible alarm – Each device will sound an audible alarm once BAC readings reach certain limits. BACtrack pro-grade and personal breathalysers are set to the Australian legal driving limit of 0.05 BAC.
Getting a convenient and accurate read on your BAC levels is now possible thanks to the accessibility of modern personal breathalysers. Moreover, excessive alcohol consumption and its many perils are an unfortunate aspect of our working adult lives. Hence, many people buy a breathalyser to keep themselves safe from the dangers of drink driving. Breathalysers Australia provides a wide selection of practical and precise alcohol testers to help people avoid untoward incidents and legal charges.
Breathalysers from Breathalysers Australia are effective for different testing needs, budgets and preferences. In addition, each BACtrack breathalyser uses the most advanced sensor technology for consistent and precise BAC results. Furthermore, millions of customers worldwide buy a breathalyser like a BACtrack breath checker for its accuracy and efficiency. This level of customer trust and its many features make BACtrack Breathalysers the ideal investment for keeping safe and healthy. Whether on the road, at the workplace or in the comfort of your home.