More individuals avoid getting into an accident or incurring drink driving charges owing to alcohol breath testers or breathalysers. A breathalyser is a compact device that measures the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) or the amount of alcohol in the system. Typically, police use breathalysers to apprehend drivers under the influence of alcohol. Road checkpoints enable police officers to conduct breath tests on motorists to ensure they are not impaired while driving. Alcohol-impaired driving is one of the causes of road accidents or car collisions. Therefore, it is customary for law enforcement to inspect drivers at checkpoints or randomly to minimise road hazards. The stricter road safety regulations have also led to an increased demand for personal breathalysers. Many people look for breathalysers for sale to help them monitor their alcohol intake.
Modern breathalysers are more affordable for individual or consumer use. Many people use a breathalyser before driving to ensure they are below the legal limit. In Australia, it is an offence to drive with a BAC of 0.05% or above. For instance, you may face heavy penalties, including fines, prison terms, and license disqualification if your BAC exceeds the legal limit. Hence, many people look for breathalysers for sale online to help them avoid legal charges. However, not all breathalysers are made equal. Therefore, it is essential to check the device’s functions and features before buying one. You may look at the Breathalysers Australia website for a comprehensive selection of breathalysers for various purposes.
Breathalysers for Sale: Kinds of Breathalysers
A breathalyser uses sensor technology to measure the amount of alcohol in the breath. You may encounter two kinds of sensors when searching for breathalysers for sale online. The common kinds of breath testers are semiconductor and fuel cell breathalysers. Each device varies in its performance and accuracy. Therefore, choosing a device will depend on your primary purpose. The breathalysers have the following characteristics:
- Semiconductor sensor – uses a tin-oxide compound to generate a redox reaction when it contacts alcohol. The breathalyser measures the difference between the electrical currents to estimate the BAC. However, this sensor can interact with any alcohol compounds in the breath. Thus, it is susceptible to false positives when the breath test is not properly conducted.
- Fuel cell sensor – the breathalyser uses platinum electrodes to oxidise alcohol in the breath. The electrochemical fuel cell sensors are more precise because they only react to ethanol. Therefore, it is less likely to produce false positives. Additionally, they hold their accuracy longer and require less frequent recalibration.
Benefits of Breathalysers
Alcohol consumption is a common pastime activity many people engage in during their free time. However, excessive intake leads to severe impairments. A high BAC level affects the senses, perception, and coordination. These impairments pose safety risks in driving or operating equipment. For this reason, an alcohol limit for driving helps guide individuals on their alcohol consumption. Therefore, many want to purchase breathalysers for sale online to help them control their intake. A personal device can help people check their alcohol level every hour to monitor the increase or decrease of their BAC. As a result, they can avoid exceeding the legal limit or getting penalised with drink driving. Additionally, a breathalyser can help you know how different alcoholic beverages affect your BAC. More notably, they help minimise road or workplace accidents from alcohol impairments.
Breathalysers for Sale: Considerations for Buying a Breathalyser
Buying a breathalyser is a considerable investment as it helps enhance safety. Hence, many people look at the devices’ features when looking at breathalysers for sale online. When selecting the best alcohol tester, you should consider the following aspects:
- Sensor accuracy – the highest accuracy rating for breathalysers is +/-0.005. Experts recommend a device that has at least +/-0.01. The fuel cell breathalysers at Breathalysers Australia have a high sensor accuracy.
- Ease of use – a breath testing device should be easy to use, especially if a person feels the intoxicating effects of alcohol. The BACtrack breathalysers have a one-touch operation to enable quick alcohol breath testing. After pressing the power button, wait for a few seconds until you see the signal to blow. Then, the breathalyser process the breath sample and displays the BAC result within 10 to 15 seconds.
- Mouthpiece – removable mouthpieces ascertain that the breath is free from fumes or external contaminants. Fresh mouthpieces also allow sharing the device with others without compromising the results.
- Recalibration – breathalysers require periodic servicing to maintain the sensor’s performance or accuracy. Getting a unit that you can easily send back for recalibration is important. Breathalysers Australia provides complete recalibration services for all devices sold.
- Advanced features – some breathalysers add extra functions to help increase the accuracy of the BAC readings. Other devices include adjustable settings or smartphone connectivity suiting various needs.
Breathalysers for Sale at Breathalysers Australia
Breathalysers Australia offers a wide array of alcohol testers suitable for personal or workplace use. The BACtrack breathalysers feature a one-touch button for easy operation, an optimal breath capture system, and accurate BAC readings. Therefore, looking for breathalysers for sale online is convenient with Breathalysers Australia. Moreover, you may choose the most suitable device based on your needs or preference. Breathalysers Australia presents the following devices:
- Keychain – smallest and lightest alcohol testers for quick BAC checking. The BACtrack Go has a fold-out mouthpiece to help secure the device when not in use. Meanwhile, the BACtrack C6 keychain is the most affordable breathalyser utilising the BluFire fuel cell sensor.
- Smartphone – breathalysers integrate Bluetooth technology to pair with a smartphone seamlessly. The BACtrack Mobile Pro, C6, and C8 can deliver the BAC results directly on a mobile device’s screen through an app. In addition, the BACtrack app can record and track the results, personalise BAC data, and share the results. It also features the ZeroLine technology, which quickly estimates how long the BAC will return to 0.00% based on the last consumption.
- Pro-grade – these breathalysers utilise the powerful Xtend fuel cell sensor technology of BACtrack. They have police-grade accuracy comparable to the breathalysers that law enforcement use in roadside alcohol screening. You may choose the BACtrack S80 Pro, Mobile Pro, Scout, Trace Pro and Trace Pro Gen2 if you depend on accurate breath tests.
- Workplace – specially modified for rigorous testing needs of workplaces.
Breathalysers have significantly improved safety, reduced accidents, and promoted alcohol awareness to make better drinking and driving decisions. Monitoring the BAC level is easier with a reliable device like the BACtrack breathalyser. Furthermore, you can easily check breathalysers for sale online through the Breathalysers Australia website. Most BACtrack personal breathalysers utilise fuel cell sensor technology giving high precision with each breath test. You can ensure you get the right device fitting your needs and budget at Breathalysers Australia online.