Alcohol consumption is a favourite pastime for some people. Many adults enjoy the pleasing effects of alcohol after work hours to help them feel relaxed. Likewise, a social gathering is not complete without alcoholic beverages being served. Additionally, individuals moderate their intake by using personal devices such as breathalysers. A breathalyser is a portable electronic device that estimates the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) through a breath sample. Within seconds, you will know how much alcohol is in your system or your impairment level. Moreover, many people nationwide use a personal device to help them avoid road accidents or drink driving charges. You may ask, where to buy a reliable breathalyser in Adelaide?
Impaired driving or operating a vehicle with a BAC level of 0.05% or higher is subject to criminal or legal punishments. The penalties include hefty fines, imprisonment, court trials, license suspension, and an alcohol interlock for high-range driving. Therefore, many people use a personal breathalyser to help keep them from going over the legal limit. Today, getting a personal device is more accessible due to the lower costs of breathalysers. It is easy to buy a breathalyser in Adelaide and South Australia by going to the nearest retail store. However, for the most comprehensive selection, you may head online and check the devices at Breathalysers Australia.
Kinds of Breathalysers
Different breathalysers come with various features and functionalities. The vast choices can be overwhelming if you do not know where to start. To help you find the best breathalyser in Adelaide, knowing the kinds of breathalysers available is essential. The most prominent feature of a breath analyser is the kinds of sensors used. Personal devices use two types:
- Semiconductor breathalyser – this device uses a tin-oxide substance to oxidise alcohol in the sample. The chemical reaction produces electrical currents based on the amount of alcohol in the breath. Likewise, semiconductor breathalysers are relatively affordable and suitable for alcohol screening or personal or home use.
- Fuel cell breathalyser – this device uses platinum fuel cell sensors to measure the BAC. Fuel cell breathalysers undergo an electrochemical process to oxidise alcohol. The oxidisation produces small electrical charges corresponding to the volume of alcohol present in the breath. Furthermore, police roadside breath tests and hospitals use fuel cell breathalysers because of their high sensitivity to ethyl alcohol. Thus, they give more accurate BAC results.
Buying a Breathalyser in Adelaide: What features should you look for?
Breathalysers may seem similar at first glance. However, each unit has distinct features suitable for different breath testing needs. Therefore, you may select a device based on your particular purpose or usage. When purchasing a breathalyser in Adelaide and South Australia, consider the following aspects:
- The intent of use – semiconductor breathalysers would suffice for alcohol screening or detection. For example, parents may use semiconductor breathalysers to check for alcohol presence. On the other hand, if you rely on accurate data, fuel cell breathalysers would be more appropriate. Additionally, individuals use a fuel cell breathalyser to estimate the BAC before driving. It is also suitable for high-volume tests like workplaces.
- Cost – semiconductor breathalysers are more affordable than fuel cell breathalysers. However, a fuel cell breathalyser ensures that you get the most valid BAC results.
- Calibration stability – breathalyser sensors require periodic calibration to maintain their performance. Fuel cell sensors have a longer working life and remain consistent before recalibration. The units at Breathalysers Australia recommend recalibration once per year under regular use.
- Certification – choosing a breathalyser with FDA approval or federal compliance ascertain that you get the most qualified device. Police-grade devices like the BACtrack Pro series meet all the requirements of a personal breath testing device.
- Extra features – some breathalysers have added functionalities more than others. For example, the BACtrack smartphone devices have Bluetooth connectivity to deliver the BAC directly on the phone’s screen.
Buying a Breathalyser in Adelaide: In-store or Online?
Portable alcohol testers are more accessible now than decades ago when they first came out. The first breath testing devices were exclusively used by law enforcement to determine driving violations. Fortunately, modern breathalysers are more accurate and available for consumer use. Furthermore, newer breathalysers are more portable and convenient to use. Major retail stores nationwide supply personal and professional devices. Additionally, you may purchase a breathalyser in Adelaide in pharmacies and supermarkets. Buying in-stores lets you immediately use the device. Breathalysers Australia distributes to major retail outlets nationwide to serve various alcohol testing needs.
Conveniently, buying directly at Breathalysers Australia online offers more complete options. You may select from the various breath testers with different styles or features. Likewise, purchasing a breathalyser in Adelaide or South Australia is easy and hassle-free at Breathalysers Australia online. Orders in the morning will dispatch within the day, while orders in the afternoon leave the warehouse the following day. Additionally, ordering directly at Breathalysers Australia guarantees you avail of calibration services. You can also get full customer service for all concerns regarding your unit.
Advantages of Using a Professional-Grade Breathalyser
Breathalysers using fuel cell sensor technology have the highest accuracy in breath testing devices. It enables you to administer accurate BAC tests confidently. Moreover, it is the same sensor technology used in roadside screening. Fuel cell sensors do not react to other substances in the breath other than ethanol. Therefore, it is less likely to produce false positives. Additionally, buying a pro-grade breathalyser in Adelaide and South Australia ensures that you get the most out of your device. BACtrack’s Xtend fuel cell sensor technology can trace alcohol concentrations over complete BAC ranges. In particular, it can measure the alcohol content from 0.00 to 0.400% BAC without losing accuracy. Lastly, breathalysers help you moderate your intake to remain within the allowed driving limits. Many people check their BAC to decide if they can drive or wait longer until their alcohol levels decline.
Devices at Breathalysers Australia
Breathalysers Australia offers various alcohol testers suiting different types and needs. Therefore, buying a breathalyser in Adelaide is easy through Breathalysers Australia online. You would not need to go to various stores to get your preferred device. For example, the BACtrack keychain breathalysers are the smallest yet most reliable devices. Moreover, the smartphone breathalysers like the BACtrack Mobile Pro and C8 seamlessly connect to a smartphone app. The BACtrack companion app can store previous BAC results and estimate sobriety. It also integrates with Apple Health and can call for an Uber ride when you have too much. Finally, the BACtrack Pro series are breathalysers with the highest accuracy and are suitable for professional environments. Furthermore, the BACtrack breathalysers have a one-button function to facilitate breath testing quickly and efficiently.
In conclusion, alcohol-related accidents are preventable using a dependable device. A breathalyser gives real-time updates of your alcohol concentration to help make informed decisions. It also allows you to become more aware of how alcohol affects your body. You may buy a breathalyser in Adelaide and South Australia at Breathalysers Australia to reduce drink driving incidents.