Alcohol often has various effects and impacts, especially on a person’s health. Many people consume alcohol to relax or socialise. At moderate levels, you may experience euphoria and lowered inhibitions. Unfortunately, some people drink alcohol at dangerous levels, increasing their risk of developing health problems. Likewise, excessive consumption also poses higher accident risks in driving or operating machinery. Therefore, checking the alcohol level is essential to minimise alcohol harm. There are multiple ways to determine sobriety, including counting the number of drinks or personal evaluation. However, these methods are not reliable or may mislead your driving ability. Fortunately, a portable alcohol reader helps to know the exact Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) without second-guessing.
A common form of an alcohol reader is a breathalyser. It is a handheld testing device that estimates the amount of alcohol in the bloodstream through the breath. Law enforcement uses a professional device to determine the precise BAC level, whether a person is drink driving or not. Fortunately, you can know your BAC without using a police breathalyser device at a sobriety inspection through a personal one. The BACtrack products at Breathalysers Australia are efficient personal alcohol readers to evaluate impairment.
BACtrack Alcohol Reader: How do Breathalysers measure the BAC
It is not always easy to assess how much alcohol can affect you without a reliable instrument. Moreover, each individual has different alcohol tolerance and BAC effects. For example, the blood alcohol level is influenced by a person’s weight, gender, body type, fat content, food intake, and medication. Therefore, two people consuming the same type and amount of alcohol are unlikely to have the same BAC. To determine the alcohol level objectively, people use a breathalyser like BACtrack. The BACtrack personal breathalysers are digital alcohol readers that effectively measure the BAC within seconds.
So, how do BACtrack breathalysers work? The BACtrack breathalysers utilise advanced sensing technologies to measure alcohol in the breath accurately. Most devices at Breathalysers Australia employ fuel cell sensors, which have higher accuracy than standard semiconductor alcohol readers. When you provide a breath sample, platinum fuel cell sensors undergo an electrochemical process to oxidise alcohol. The oxidisation produces small electrical currents relative to the alcohol present and converts it into the BAC value. As a result, the stronger the currents, the higher the BAC. Checking the BAC with a personal breathalyser help in knowing if you are over the alcohol driving limit or not.
The BACtrack Personal Breathalysers
The availability of breathalysers in the market increases as the need for personal safety devices rises. BACtrack has various alcohol readers that would suit different needs. To make selecting a device easier, Breathalysers Australia offers the following options:
- Alcohol screening – the BACtrack Go Keychain is the smallest and sleekest alcohol reader, utilising the MicroCheck semiconductor sensor. The breathalyser has a fold-away mouthpiece to protect the device when not in use. Additionally, using the MicroCheck sensor with the specially tuned algorithm of BACtrack enables it to deliver fast and more accurate BAC results than most standard semiconductor breathalysers. Thus, it is ideal as a personal or home alcohol screening device.
- Alcohol testing – you can avail of a professional-grade breathalyser for personal use. The BACtrack Pro units use the Xtend fuel cell sensor technology to estimate the BAC accurately. The BACtrack S80 Pro, Scout, Mobile Pro, and Trace Pro have advanced features for enhanced precision. The fuel cell’s linear response can trace complete alcohol concentrations in the breath from 0.000 to 0.400% BAC. Moreover, you may choose a device with smartphone connectivity, such as the C6 Keychain, C8 Smartphone, and the Mobile Pro. These breathalysers are Bluetooth-capable to pair with a mobile phone seamlessly.
Personal Alcohol Reader: Features of the BACtrack Breathalysers
Aside from their reliable sensors, each BACtrack alcohol reader offers distinct features to suit different needs. The breathalysers have the following key properties to make breath tests more efficient:
- Breath capture system – each unit has an optimal mini breath pump that activates at the end of each test to capture a deep lung air sample. Additionally, it ensures that only the precise sample goes into the sensors for analysis.
- One-button operation – the BACtrack breathalysers readily activate after a single press of the power button. The device has a quick warm-up time of 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fast results – after providing a breath sample, you may view your BAC results on the device’s LED screen or a smartphone in 10 to 15 seconds.
- Advanced features – the BACtrack professional-grade breathalysers include continuous temperature checking to ensure breath sample consistency.
- Smartphone connectivity – smartphone breathalyser units of Breathalysers Australia have Bluetooth capability. The device pairs to the BACtrack companion app for efficient BAC viewing. Moreover, the app also enables you to record and track your BAC history in a graph. Lastly, it features the ZeroLine technology that quickly estimates when your BAC level will return to 0.00%
- Low power requirement – the breathalysers can perform up to 1,000 tests in a single battery set.
BACtrack Professional Breathalysers: A Reliable Alcohol Reader
People with safety-sensitive roles depend on the accuracy of a breathalyser to give the most valid BAC results. The BACtrack fuel cell breathalysers have police-grade accuracy in estimating alcohol content in the breath. It is the same technology that law enforcement use in a roadside inspection. Moreover, the fuel cell breathalysers are specific to ethyl alcohol and do not interact with other substances or compounds. Thus, they are less likely to render false positives, including the breath tests for people with diabetes or on a low-calorie diet. Additionally, fuel cell sensors remain consistent longer and despite consecutive tests. Therefore, you can ensure reliable BAC readings with a BACtrack alcohol reader in your pocket.
Uses of Personal Breathalysers
Many people consume alcohol regularly or on special occasions. Some people gather after work hours over a drink or two to make them feel relaxed. However, some may get impaired quickly without proper monitoring. Thus, an alcohol reader like a BACtrack device is vital to help keep your consumption in moderation. For example, you may use a BACtrack device after one drink to see the changes to your BAC level. Many people use a breathalyser as a convenient BAC monitoring tool to prevent going over the legal limit. In Australia, the alcohol limit for driving is 0.05% BAC. Consequently, you may face legal charges if the police test your alcohol level to be 0.05% or above. Therefore, checking the BAC before driving helps prevent drink driving or road accidents.
Another important use of a breathalyser like BACtrack is to confirm sobriety before working. Despite the body’s rapid absorption, the liver can process alcohol at a fixed rate of 0.015% BAC or one standard drink per hour. Therefore, the more alcohol you intake, the longer they stay in the system. The aftereffects of alcohol or impairment pose significant safety risks in the workplace. In summary, the BACtrack personal alcohol reader helps deter excessive consumption, improve safety, create awareness, and promote healthier practices.